Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nostalgia

These days fast and processed boxed dinners are the style. Get the meal on the table in 30 minutes, or less if you can. When I was growing up, my mom cooked like the mother's of her day did, and for many of the recipes or cookies she regularly made, she used a Betty Crocker cookbook. In fact, she had this exact copy, if I remember correctly.

I have been wanting to find the same vintage cookbook for nostalgia reasons, and because mom is never wrong, right. In the last week or two, I came across the same cookbook, (with a slightly different cover and in paperback), as mom had.

All this to say, that a good, old fashioned cookbook where you use recipes to put together your food by scratch rather than opening up a boxed meal, is not a bad thing. You save some money while eating just a little bit healthier. I am all for that! It's not an all frills cookbook either, just good and basic wholesome foods you can prepare for your family that go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment