Sunday, February 23, 2014

Package Deal

Something that the last post made me think of today was how I need to stock more basics in the pantry. Things such as flour, sugar, oil, oatmeal, etc, to have on hand for baking and cooking. This week I will be adding in more of these items in my shopping cart and baking something to go in the freezer for a quick thaw out snack later on this week.
Trying to get away from pre-packaged food is hard, especially for those of us who have eaten this way for years. I am not proud of it, but these are the facts and I know I'm not alone.

Questions I am asking myself this week:

1) Do I have enough ingredients on-hand to bake a simple batch of homemade cookies?

2) Do I have enough basic items in the pantry that I could cook 2-3 meals from them in the week?

3) Do I need to change shopping habits to stock more basics and do I even use the ones I already have on hand? If not, how can I start using them?

commons.wikimedia.org
Homemade takes longer, but is less expensive and more importantly tastes better. And you know what's in it because you made it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment