Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freezer Meals Are Fun!

I may just be addicted to making freezer meals. So far, I've made Shephard's Pie and Penne Pasta in a ragu sauce. (Also made stir fry after first publishing this post!). There are 10 15 meals ready to eat in the freezer. I've learned some things already and want to write them down, lest I forget.

1. Shop to make 1-2 meals per week to build up your freezer meal stock. No need to try to make 5 meals in one day or even one week. Make it easy on yourself.

2. Shop fresh stuff every week. I used to try to buy fruits and veggies for 2 weeks at a time, but it doesn't work well for me that way. Every week is best for fresh.

3. Shop more than one store --don't put all you've got in one basket. One week it's the local market, the next Super Target. Wherever you end up going, use coupons if you can. Print coupons from places online like Coupon Susy, clip from the paper, etc. My local Walmart will double coupons up to $1.00 on Tuesdays AND price match. If you see something cheaper somewhere else, they'll give you that same price with no hassle.

4. Plan ahead. Know what you are shopping for each trip, and if it's not on your list, keep going.

5. Freezer meals are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment